Generally, when making ANY candles or melts with S&S Ultra-Wax:
1. The manufacturing area should be clean, draught free with minimal temperature variation.
2. Any glassware should be washed and dried.
3. Fragrance loading of 7-10% is workable without the need for additives
4. Do not overheat, maximum temperature 110°C
5. Do not stir violently.
6. Temperature Control is paramount.
Specifically, when making CONTAINER Candles with OzSoy Ultimate:
1. The containers should not be cold, but preferably warm i.e.50°C minimum.
2. S&S Ulta-Wax when made into container candles should be poured at 85-90°C, with minimal aeration. Cooling should be as slow as possible, even insulate the containers with blankets, insulating batts. Or twin cushion cardboard.
Specifically, when making Melts:
- When made into melts pour at 65-70ºC and do not insulate.
Soy Wax Nature Wax C3 :This wax should be heated to between 80ºC and 94ºC and stirred periodically to heat evenly. Do not exceed 94ºC when heating or it may discolour.
Additives may be used to improve the performance of this wax.
Cool slightly and add colour and fragrance as required. Pour at between 49ºC and 74ºC for best results. Your container should be at room temperature or slightly warmer.
Allow candle to cure for at least 12 hours before burning.
This wax does require you to use a wick slightly larger than one you may have used for other brands of soy wax.
This product is known as C-3 grade
A fragrance load of 6% is recommended with this wax but can be increased to 7-10% with the use of additives that control this factor.
Natural Beeswax Block: Sourced directly from Australian apiarists this natural beeswax has been taken from the hive, cleaned with water and strained to bring you beeswax as unadulterated as it can get. Beeswax is an excellent base product for the manufacture of balms and ointments when mixed with additional oils and aromas.
With no other wax being truly natural, beeswax is the ultimate product from which to make your candles. While being one of the more difficult waxes to use, it is also the most rewarding.
The block size will vary to ensure product weight is correct at time of packaging
Colour may vary according to the foraging habits of the bees.
Product of Australia
Just what you need to make natural coloured rolled beeswax candles. These are simple and effective, and, with no heat involved, are a great project for children.
Natural Beeswax Sheets : Each sheet is 42cm x 20.5cm. Wick size would be dependent on the diameter candle you are wishing to end up with. Small braided wick will work for most candles but you may decide to upgrade to medium if you are looking to roll two sheets into the one candle.
This product is sourced from Australian suppliers